Valluvan Tamil Academy (VTA) is a charitable, non-profit, secular organization established in Virginia, primarily to teach Tamil language to children and to introduce the Tamil history and cultural values to them. Since 2011, volunteers have been dedicating their time and efforts in teaching children in the area. Classes have been held in public libraries, private homes and other venues. As the demand for Tamil instruction has grown, so has the school.
Towards this purpose and to successfully continue to develop the school in Northern Virginia, Valluvan Tamil Academy’s volunteers have established the following goals for the organization.
- Provide a fun, learning environment for children in the Tamil school
- Champion efforts to get Tamil recognized with local school boards and get credits for Tamil language classes
- Introduce Tamil culture and history
- Establish a sustainable non-profit volunteer organization
- Create an open, all-inclusive, democratic organization structure to promote transparent decision-making and sustainable progress
Valluvan Tamil Academy is a registered organization in the State of Virginia and is recognized by the US Internal Revenue Service as a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3). All contributions to Valluvan Tamil Academy are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by US IRS.