Valluvan Tamil Academy (VTA) is a charitable, non-profit*, secular organization established in Virginia, primarily to teach Tamil language to children and introducing the history and cultural values to them. For the last 12 years, volunteers have been dedicating their time and efforts in teaching children in the area. Classes have been held in public libraries, private homes and other venues. As the demand for Tamil instruction has grown the school has also grown.
Towards this purpose and to successfully continue to develop the school in Northern Virginia, Valluvan Tamil Academy’s volunteers have established the following goals for the organization.
- Provide a fun, learning environment for children in the Tamil school;
- Champion efforts to get Tamil recognized with local school boards and get credits for Tamil language classes;
- Introduce Tamil culture and history;
- Establish a sustainable volunteer based organization as a non-profit*;
- Create an open, all-inclusive, democratic organization structure to promote transparent decision making and sustainable progress
Valluvan Tamil Academy is a registered organization in the State of Virginia and recognized by the US Internal Revenue Service as a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3). All contributions to Valluvan Tamil Academy are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by the US IRS.