Valluvan Tamil Volunteers are organizing an emergency response team to help with those who are in need during this critical time.
What you do in case of an emergency?
How/What Can we help?
As this effort is organized and run by 100% volunteers, we are limited by what we can do. However, here are the list of things that we are planning to do:
- Bring Medicine/Food and Groceries to your home – for those families who are unable to do them (due to self quarantine)
- Help with Emergency Travel needs
- Help with Communication needs
Who can get help from us ?
Preference will be given to the following folks:
- Anyone who is in affected by COVID
- Any Family who is in self quarantine
- Any family / individual who is a high risk to get affected by COVID (Illness / and who are in medication)
- Anyone who is elderly and single
How to reach Valluvan Tamil Volunteers?
Information from Government
- VA Department of Heath – Updates
- CDC – Updates
- What do you do when you are sick?
- 10 ways to manage respiratory symptoms at home
What you need to do to be prepared?
Stock up the following items for at least 2-3 weeks:
- Non-Perishable items
- Rice, Dal, Oil
- Salt, Sugar or Sugar-Substitute(s)
- Coffee/Tea (for those who absolutely need!!)
- Soup Packs, Apple Sauces, Easy to eat food (for anyone who may be sick in the house during the lockdown period)
- Peanut Butter, Jelly (for Kid’s sandwich)
- oat meal / breakfast serials
- Dry nuts & fruits
- Medical Supplies
- Please contact your Health Care Provider Ahead of time for any prescription medicine needs)
- Household items to keep your hand & home clean
- Cleaning supplies (Clothes detergent, Dishwashing liquid)
- Hand Sanitizers
- Medicine & Food needs for Pets (if you have Pets at Home)
- Cash in Hand (for any emergency)
- to handle a week expense
- Gas / Charge
- Full tank of Gas in Car / Full charge in Electric Car
- Electronic Items (like cell phone, laptops) – Charge fully
How Can you be part of e911 effort ?
- Financial Aid – to purchase necessary items needed to be used in the effort
- Be a Co-ordinator for your region – to call volunteers to deliver necessary items to the needy folks
- Technology help – to be able to improve web-site/email/notification process.
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with how you can help us.